Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wait! I have to Viggle That!



This might come as a shock to some of you, but I don't have an iPhone...or any smart phone for that  matter. I have a very simple LG Envy that I adore and will cling onto it until it craps out on me. However, I do have an iPad that was graciously given to me for Christmas by my Uncle Peter (Thanks, again!) so I get to play around with all of the apps without paying for that pesky data plan. (Hooray for wireless internet!)

My favorite app that I have discovered is Viggle. If you do not have this app and you are a television junkie, what are you waiting for? It's free! Stop what you are doing and download it. Now. I'll wait...

Once Viggle is installed on your preferred device (not sure if it's available on Androids or not), you are ready to earn points for watching television and eventually redeem for gift cards. Yes, you heard that right. You can stock up on points to get PRESENTS!! Who doesn't love free stuff, amiright?

A little overview of how it works: It's kind of like Shazaam, but for TV. You "check in" to whichever show you're watching (it has to be live, the app doesn't work on DVR'd shows, but hey, you'll avoid spoilers!) and  you get points. Some shows have corresponding trivia games and you get even MORE points.  Those points collect and after awhile you'll have enough for your very own gift card of your choosing from the array of places they have listed. This list gets updated from time to time, so you can be choosy when picking out your prize, especially if you have a severe problem with decision making like I do. For me, I'm saving up for the Amazon $25 gift card to return on the list. It's always gone in a flash, but I'm determined to Viggle my tv shows until my thumbs hurt to get that card. Plus, I've already redeemed my points for a $10 iTunes card, so it's legit, people. I pinky swear.

Go ahead, give it a try. Who knows you might find some new TV to watch. And if you do, don't forget to inform me about it. I'm always looking for the next best thing to watch and Viggle for points.

Enjoy being a couch potato, my friends.

*Side note that's completely unrelated to this post. I just followed my own blog by accident. I'm still learning the lay of the land around here. Not narcissistic, just tech challenged.





No comments:

Post a Comment